Thursday, July 19, 2007

field trip! who wants to come?






VS.






Toronto Roller Derby
Smoke City Betties vs. Death Track Dolls
Sat. July 28th
George Bell Arena
doors at 7pm, bout at 8pm
$10 (advance) / $15 (door)


anybody interested? the more the merrier! so round up your friends, spouses, significant others, long-lost loves and random strangers on the street -- all are welcome!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay The Death Track Dolls logo looks like it was inspired by your eyes, on your get to know me page photo...........yikes!

vickie said...

and i *do* enjoy a big, red ribbon through my hair on occasion...

Linda said...

I would totally join you, but I'm still 4,154 km away. Dammit.

Anonymous said...

I'll go, and I'm going to cheer on the DTD because I admire the Lucy do on the skull.

vickie said...

but the betties are the hotter team. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I'm in a mood to run away from home. I really wish I could fly up for the Roller Derby, since I've always enjoyed them on TV and would love to see a game (match?) live. But, I have to stay and finish my monster document, since I'm not independently wealthy and can't just walk away as I'd like to. Besides, I was a real "hell on wheels" skater in my youth, and pretty much skated like I was in a roller derby at the neighboring town's roller rink. I was always getting hollered at for that. LOL But hey, I could haul ass backwards and forwards (and switch effortlessly from frontwards to backwards and vice versa), jump, and had no compunctions about body-checking anyone in my way. I really think it'd be a BLAST to be an (older) roller girl!

I hope you find someone FUN to go along, and that you have a great time!

BikerXena