it's a happy canada day, today
today is a good day.
the weather is absolutely FANTASTIC. sunny, breezy, dry, high of 20C/68F expected.
young beatrix stopped in briefly to help me fix the broken drapery rods, which have been bothering me since before i moved in. so now they're perfect!
later this afternoon, i'm going to a friend's house for a barbecue and, really, who doesn't love a good barbecue on a beautiful day?
right now, i'm enjoying my gloriously chilly apartment (socks and slippers...in july! amazing!), having a snack and watching live coverage of the Concert for Diana. i'm also smiling because i got some encouraging screenwriting news earlier today.
and, yesterday, i think i found the cat i'm going to adopt.
having a good one, and hoping you're doing the same!
[addendum: the perfect ending to a great day? stopping along a residential street to watch a beautiful, and completely unexpected, fireworks display (happening somewhere at a park nearby...dunno) while being driven to the subway. so pretty!]
8 comments:
Well I can't say that my day was quite as freakin' happy as yours, but.....let's see.....OH YEAH....I DID watch this really cool HGTV show today about making your own slug killer from vinegar!
((((Vic)))) so glad that you had such a happy canada day!! :¬)
BTW, I told Patrick about his Dad's choice of movies the other night (you know the one I'm too embarrassed to admit to here) and Patrick said "OH MY GOD! NO HE DIDN'T!
LOL....he'll never live THAT one down.
A cat???????
Oboy, a new cat!!!
You deserved such a good day. :)
possibly two new cats. both are considered "seniors," even though they're eight and nine years old. one is a definite "yes," and the other is a "well, maybe i should adopt her, too, so he'll have a friend and she'll have a good life."
so far, in an informal survey of family and friends, everyone seems to think i should rescue them both.
i'm sleeping on it.
moob? tom is now officially shaming his children with his netflix selections. perhaps he needs rehab. rental rehab.
;-)
LOL....I think you are right. He's such a ......Norbit. ;-)
Hey there's a good name for a cat!
Seriously, keep us posted on your decision to start a family! ^..^
(that's not a bat)
Ooh! Excited about the kitties. I have a cat phobia myself, but I fully support the addition of furry friends to your home! I say get two so they can keep each other company while you go to the movies.
i remain uncertain about deux, but am leaning that way. the long holiday weekend bought me some thinking time.
Still waiting on the kitty update... what's up?
BTW, belated Happy O Canada Day!
no update yet. still deliberating over one cat or two.
Post a Comment