shameless plug of the day: Transformers
honestly? it's the best summer movie of the year.
stop snickering. i'm serious!
big, bold, loud, colourful, flashy, explosive and funny. brain food? no. brain candy? GRADE A. so delicious!
appropriately enough, it goes nicely hand-in-hand with yesterday's post about foods with crack. i'm fairly certain crack has somehow been infused into Transformers.
if you like michael bay (denette, i'm looking at you) or were a fan of the animated series or are just in the market for a pure summer-movie rush with all the bells and whistles, go.
believe me, i expected to like the movie but i didn't expect to love it. you can read my full review here.
this concludes today's unsolicited promotion of a major motion picture.
11 comments:
Okay your infatuation with THIS one surprised me! It's in my waiting for queue already!
it is as popcorn-y as a summer popcorn movie can get. i don't know, though, that it'll have the same "COOL!" factor on the small screen.
i only wish i'd bought a big bag of popcorn (+ a root beer + M&Ms) to enjoy while i watched.
Hey I got the big phillips plasma with the ambient lights and the bitchin' yamaha sound system.
I also have a popcorn machine and can watch in my jammies!
...AND I CAN BUY A 6 PACK OF BARQ'S ROOTBEER (which by the way originated in Cincinnati...like John!) ;-)
But yeah....nothing like the BIG SCREEN!
Off to watch "Invincible".
*sigh*
next time YB and i are in florida, we're TOTALLY coming over for a movie. so there.
Things might be more settled next time. I SINCERELY HOPE! I had such great plans for a movie room afternoon with you two.
Tom missed seeing you guys again.
I won't need cargo pants. ;-)
i've decided to scrap tennis and watch the movie. your rave reviews have convinced me.
plus, there ain't nothing like a michael bay summer flick.
remember... it was mr. bay that introduced me to my future husband, ben.
ahhhhhhhh, "armageddon." good times.
Your ravin' full-pie kinda scares me, I'll admit it. Can't say I'm a Michael Bay fan, nor do I know anything about the original show (my only association is seeing the neighbor boys play with the action figures). Optimous Prime? WTF. However, 'Pie Pal Tim (after being denied from a sold-out show a couple nights ago) may have lured me to a matinee this weekend. We'll see...
well, don't go expecting high art or anything. just go expecting the cinematic equivalent of an amusement park ride!
absolutely LOVED it. it was just how i like my summer movies: big, loud and full of michael bay-isms. plus, it was hilarious.
and it made me love my shia even more. people may think i jumped on the shia bandwagon but i've been raving about him since "even stevens.' he's gotten cuter, he's a good actor, great timing and is really funny.
vic, you're right. i can totally see him and justin long in a buddy flick. it would probably just be you, me and a bunch of 14-year-olds in the theatre but whatev. i'm down with that.
see! i knew you'd LURVE it. :-D
p.s. anthony anderson? how funny was he?
totally forgot about anthony anderson. HILAROUS.
and it makes me want dance dance revolution even more.
i know. nerd.
Post a Comment