Tuesday, July 17, 2007

um...i need a date

are you in toronto? do you want to see I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry tomorrow? if so, call me. drop me an email. post a comment saying so. 'cause i have an extra ticket for tomorrow's screening (7pm at the scotiabank-formerly-paramount theatre) and can't seem to find anyone who's available to go. yes, i realize the movie will be low-brow, but it co-stars kevin james (so cute!) and jessica biel (so hot!) and, more importantly, it's free!

this happens every once in a while. i tend to get a lot of screening invites, and it's usually not a problem to find a movie-going pal to come along. but occasionally the planets drift out of alignment and everybody's busy or out of town or just reeeeeally not interested in the film in question. this is just such a time.

and, yes, i could easily go to the screening solo (i often do), but i hate a ticket going to waste and there's NO WAY i'm giving it to any of the ticket scammers waiting like vultures at the box office.

so, if you're up for it and are less than 2000 miles away (apologies to the americans ;-)), let me know!

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

mapquest says i can't make it in time. sorry.

vickie said...

alas.

Anonymous said...

Adam Sandler annoys me, so I'm going to pass. But thanks!

vickie said...

LOL.

but lou, i thought you'd be a sure thing! damn.

Linda said...

I'm 4,154 km away. Damn.

vickie said...

maybe you can get here in time for Hot Rod!

;-)

Anonymous said...

Okay, Lou, I agree that A.S. can indeed be annoying at times, but what about "Big Daddy"???

;-)

Anonymous said...

maybe you can hook up with fanny pack? ;)

vickie said...

or Spanglish?

and why are we at 8 comments and i remain date-less?!

Linda said...

Oh, lucky me, I'm seeing Hot Rod tonight instead. :-| I'd actually rather see your movie, despite hating... HATING the last A.S. movie I saw: Click.

Anonymous said...

simultaneous posting!

Oh yeah....Spanglish! Or Click. No, don't see Click right now Lou. No!

Val, you should be hearing something soon. I posted your plight AND your info on e-harmony.

Nah...don't thank me.

Anonymous said...

Okay, apparently Linda didn't share my opinion of Click. ;-)

vickie said...

LOL. just don't ask linda what she thought of Transformers. ;-)

thanks for spreading the word about my sorry state, moob. if the eharmony thing doesn't pan out, you can always try craigslist, or a plane + a banner, or a full-page ad in one of the toronto papers...

Anonymous said...

did it. did it. did it.

STILL nuthin'?

Anonymous said...

*chirp*

*chirp*

*chirp*

Anonymous said...

You are doomed to share that ticket with the ticket scammers.

They're trained to notice when someone by themselves has a two-person pass. They'll be on you within seconds of walking through the door.

Give in to the dark side.

vickie said...

oh, i know they know! they have some kind of radar.

however...

i have an anti-approach forcefield (aka: angela's patented "subway face") that keeps them at bay. they KNOW not to approach me and they've had me ignore them enough times that they no longer bother.

in related news, now i know whom to call when the next Bean movie is spat out by its studio. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Mr. Bean! Do it!

One day, I would love to take my extra ticket, rip it up into pieces (the number of pieces equal to the number of tickets scammers who happen to be there), and then give each of them a piece. Then, they can fight each other to the death, with the winner getting to tape the ticket back together.

Then we'd only have to put up with one ticket scammer, at least until the other scammers come back to life via their pact with the devil.

vickie said...

no, you goof, i meant YOU! you're the person i'm going to pester if i get stuck with a Bean invite. you're the ONLY person i know even remotely interested in seeing it.

*sigh*

as for the scammers, you KNOW they really would tape that ticket back together!

Anonymous said...

I *know* you meant me -- that's why I said "do it!" I'd love to go.

Then I, admittedly without a smooth transition, moved onto the subject of ticket scammers in my second paragraph.

I should hope you'd choose me over a ticket scammer for Mr. Bean -- or any other movie! Could you imagine how insulting that would be? "Oooh, sorry, Ken, I had an extra ticket, but I gave it to that ticket scammer who always wears the baseball cap that is six sizes too big for his head."

vickie said...

that would be "man boobs" you're describing.

okay, PHEW.

yes, you're first on the list for that one if i get an invite!

Linda said...

Just so you all know that I'm not entirely against A.S., I *did* like Punch-Drunk Love and Spanglish. So there. And I loved his cameo in Undeclared, one of the best shows to not quite last a season (find it now at your local DVD store!).

I have teased Vickie for not finding a summer movie that she DIDN'T like, but c'mon, I liked the Charlie's Angels movies, as well as The Day After Tomorrow and other cheesy blockbusters. I'm not a *complete* movie snob! (just when it comes to movies based on toy action figures) ;-)

vickie said...

apparently, I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry will be the summer film i like least. :-(

(though Sunshine wasn't great, either.)

Anonymous said...

Is it as bad as the trailer makes it look?

Holy lord, how do these movies get made?

vickie said...

it was surprisingly offensive. i mean, i think they *intended* to make a pro-gay movie, but they failed. people were laughing at two straight men having to pretend to be gay, and *not* at the absurdity of the characters' homophobia.

but, holy hell, jessica biel looked AMAAAAAAAZING. she was terrible for the most part, acting-wise, but she melted the screen.

Anonymous said...

Ugh, sounds horrible. Sounds exactly like I feared it would be.