armed and ready
i have packed my stuff for the weekend and ziplocked it all into place:
voila!
seriously, these ziploc big bags are amazing. huge, durable and with handles. the one shown in the photo above is actually the smallest of the big bags. the bigger one -- into which that one, plus my down jacket, plus my knapsack will go -- is more than twice its size.
there are bags of all sizes, for all manner of things, packed within other bags, and i've bagged each day's clothes separately. there's an empty ziploc bag for the dirty laundry as it accumulates, and a few spare bags for anything i suddenly realize i need to pack.
i am erring on the side of hyper-vigilance, yes, but i'd much rather be safe than sorry. if that means i carry my clothes in and out of the hotel in sealed plastic bags, so be it. nonetheless, please say a prayer or light a candle or hold good thoughts that the hotels are both completely bug-free. thanks. i'm still extreeeemely anxious, but also hoping that facing my fears will ease the anxiety somewhat in the long run.
this evening, i will head to trixie's place, from which we'll leave at the ass-crack of dawn tomorrow. (on the road at 6:30am! at the border by 8am!)
then it's onwards to target popcorn, auntie anne's pretzels and lemonade, keen shoes, macy's, the cheesecake factory (maybe), kohl's, ted's hot dogs (omg), walgreens, IHOP and retailers who know how to hold a sale. bernard's coming with, and so is the camera, of course.
as such, as an FYI, i'll be offline and this blog and the photo blog will be dormant for several days.
fingers crossed...
19 comments:
You are right not to let that fear ruin THAT kind of good time!
I am sure you will be fine and return unbitten and with no ziplockjackers!
HAVE A BLAST!!!!!!! (((((((((((Vic&Trix))))))))))))
thanks, moob! :-)
Have fun! Safe travels...and guess what the word verification was...."bedlites!" lol
I LOVE it when you're on the road at the ass-crack of dawn!!
Laugh all the time!
((((((*valie*)))))))
Lou, do you think she's gone?
Yes. I do. It is now hours past the crack of that ass dawn.
Wait.
See I did a search and could find no exact time for the ass crack of dawn, so............
I bet they toss that room faster and more thoroughly than the NYPD do at a drug scene!
Lonesome in here. :¬/
````chirp````chirp````chirp
perhaps i should dust.........
Wait. I posted a couple of hours ago.
Damn.
Since Canadians don't recognize holidays for American presidents, will the girls be returning today?
OH........hmmmm.......never thought about that. I wonder.
I'm waiting for the stories! There are always stories. Deals, sometimes....but stories, ALWAYS!
Ya know?
Finding sales, getting freebies--those are the stuff of stories!
I hope there was a really good cupcake.
Ooooh yeah. That'd be like the icing on the cupcake!
(I'll :::::::groan::::::: for our MIA Vickie)
My v word is "stagg"....I'll add "nant" to that.
Oh I have to post again as the new v word that came up is
"snessin"...which I hope she ain't........
dang...i gotta stop lookin' ahead at v words......
"torsauta"
now I am hungry for taco bell.
"ireel"-y miss Vic.
not even looking.........
:::::::::quickly dusting, wiping away finger prints, refilling the freezer with junk, baking cupcakes, watering dry plants.......cuz she'll be here any minute.....I KNOW!
...."orsiverl" minutes.
LOL!
i'm back!
thanks for airing the place out while i was away.
there were no cupcakes, but there was more than enough junk food to make up for that deficit.
more later...
Post a Comment