Friday, January 25, 2013

workplace vignette: hooray! PARDON?!

just before 5:30pm, i was walking my boss to the elevator at the office -- he was headed home, and i was headed back downstairs to my desk to pack up. as we were about to part ways, he said, "so, any big plans for the weekend?"

"well, a shopping outing tomorrow..." i began.

"that'll be fun."

"... and then the SAG awards on sunday."

"right!" he said.

"and that means... SNACKSSSSSS!" i added, saying "snacks" in an ecstatic whisper, with a huge grin and while raising my arms over my head in victory.

my boss stopped dead in his tracks and just kind of looked at me, a little stunned.

"that means what?" he said.

"snacks," i repeated in my normal voice.

my boss burst out laughing.

"you'd better enunciate more clearly if you're going to say that to other people!"

"SNACKS! i said snacks. oh, honestly."

fin.

9 comments:

Lou said...

Okay, I'm slow here. What did he think you said?

cod said...

I too am sitting here saying all kinds of rhyming words out loud.

:-?

Love
Con Fused

Matt said...

Maybe it's a guy thing, because I think I know. But I'm not gonna be the first to say it!

Happy shopping and SAGging.

Lou said...

Oh. Matt is helpful with his manly perspective. Did he think you said, "sex"? Every 7 seconds.

vickie said...

indeed he did. :-)

Matt said...

Phew. After Lou guessed my guess, it'd have been really creepy if I'd been wrong!

Lou said...

I think it's the boss who was creepy :-|

vickie said...

no, no. he's great (and gay) and totally NOT creepy at all!

(and, of course, neither are you, matt! :-))

cod said...

Funny that Lou and I couldn't even imagine that scenario.