Sunday, October 6, 2013

weekending


here's all you really need to know about this weekend: on saturday evening, i spent five hours playing with a nikon D700 and assorted lenses, and taking 999 photos at the wedding reception for a couple of newly married friends of mine. it was exhausting but incredibly satisfying.

above is one of those photos, which i happen to like quite a bit. :-)

10 comments:

Matt said...

Great picture! I can see why you like it. But you couldn't have pressed that shutter button one more time to make it an even thousand?

vickie said...

i actually didn't get the final count until the next day. it was two memory cards' worth.

and thanks!

Lou said...

That is an excellent photo--for subject and composition, and the color of those shoes. I saw some of your photos in FB, and the shoe shots are great. Those were yours, too? So what kind of camera?

vickie said...

yep, those shots on FB are also mine. the camera was a nikon D700, with lenses of assorted sizes and functions. (none of which i remember!)

Patti Loach said...

I am in LOVE with this shot. And the child. She is one to watch: such concentration, no maintenance. I don't know if you'll be able to open this,so if not, let me know and I'll try valiantly to send it another way.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151884035677445&set=vb.516897444&type=2&theater

vickie said...

the above content is listed as private, so it's not viewable by any of us.

also: the kid loves frites. :-)

Patti Loach said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patti Loach said...

rats - when you're over sometime, i'll show it to you. same focus, but it involves a ball of cheese that has particularly sticky wax around it.

Lou said...

We all love frites!

cod said...

Adorable photo!