Sunday, June 22, 2014

pre-birthday brief


* i have been feeling unusually blue and melancholy of late. i blame a number of things: the impending end of my job (the mat-leave coverage ends on july 7th), almost three weeks of poor sleep (averaging about five hours a night) and my upcoming birthday (which is always a time of reflection and introspection). i've felt near tears many days, and actually started crying while seeing my chiropractor a week and a half ago. i hate feeling like this, and it's part of the reason i haven't blogged in weeks.

* the condo continues to inch along. i still feel like i've got an epic to-do list, and that i'm chipping away SOOOOO slowly at an enormous mountain of stuff that needs to be fixed, replaced, painted, purchased or found.

* living here has been fine, save for the condo corporation's seeming inability to correctly withdraw the monthly maintenance fees from my bank account. first, they double-billed me for april, then didn't withdraw them at all for june. i actually called the office to point out the error, and to say it's doesn't really instil in me much confidence in their accounting department. they apologized profusely, but if things continue to be mishandled, i'll revert to post-dated cheques. otherwise, i love the neighbourhood, and i love my walks home at the end of the work day -- so peaceful.

* i've been called for jury duty. again. it's not until late july, so i'm hoping that the lazy, hazy days of summer mean fewer trials and a reduced need for jury members. (if you recall, i was previously called previously called in the fall of 2007.)

* the above photo is the view of the bedrooms from my foyer, in evening light. there are more colours to come in more rooms (i'm considering orange highlights in the kitchen), but this view makes me happy. :-)

4 comments:

cod said...

((((((((Val))))))))) so much going on right now, I can understand why it is hard to sleep and why you feel blue.

You are making yourself a very happy environment there. Great step!

I wish I had magic words to lighten your spirit, but I do not.

How about " I love you"?

Lots of us do!

Lou said...

Like ME!!

I love you.

Connie is right--you have reason to feel sleepless. But the time you spend chipping away at making your home, your home, that is time spent making magic. The photo is simply beautiful.

And so are you.

Happy Birthday!!

cod said...

Happy birthday hard working brilliant friend! Take this day to enjoy YOU! Spoil yourself!

I wish we could all come there and spoil you ourselves!!

Love you (((((((((Vickie)))))))))!

vickie said...

thanks so much {{{{{{{{{{{{{{friends}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}!