10 rejected blog topics for today
they were all under consideration at some point. some were even started and then tossed. nonetheless, the options were:
* why i value fresh breath
* the concept of being a “displaced person”
* earth hour
* stuff that’s always in my bag
* stuff that’s always in my fridge
* how to waste an entire day in 10 easy steps
* why i sometimes think the manufacturing world hates me
* cake!
* a “day 17 of the plan” recap
* my thoughts on turning this into a subscriber-only blog
instead, i chose none of them. and now my brain has gone to sleep, so new ideas aren't surfacing.
so goes daily blogging sometimes.
5 comments:
That's okay, I didn't plant my veggie seeds either.
.....or bake the bread.
8¬ |
Oh geez, I missed this yesterday.
I would LOVE to hear your thoughts on turning your blog into a subscriber-only read, as I've toyed with the idea myself.
Pros and cons. Let's hear it.
but lou, yours kind of is subscriber-only by default, since it's a secret blog.
for me, the decision involves questions of privacy.
pro: i can write whatever i want freely, and share whatever's on my mind (personal or not), without worrying about strangers getting over-interested in my life and the people in it.
con: it's possible you and moob might be the only subscribers, since people get squirrelly around having to register for access, so i'd lose a big chunk of my more casual readership.
There are people who regularly read and never comment on my blog, and think they are reading in secret. Knowing they are there sometimes hampers what I say. I am also not entirely pleased that T. and R. look at the blog. Should they have to ask for a subcribership, I'd have to refuse. That's the way the ball bounces, baby. :D
I understand your wariness about complete strangers who happen on your blog and get hooked.
i totally agree.
i know when someone checks this blog four times in an hour, or a dozen times in a day, and i'll be honest: it weirds me out.
and then i start to question if i need to either adjust my content or go private.
at the same time, i like the fact that some random person in belgium or japan or new zealand or moosejaw or hollywood can land on this blog after googling some set of words that brings up a link to me. that wouldn't happen if i restricted access.
so, i continue to mull my options.
Post a Comment