Thursday, April 16, 2009

stuff and things

stuff: i’m doing my taxes tomorrow.

things: i might be the only person in the city who’d rather the temperature stay below 14ºC.

stuff: i am completely out of fruit.

things: but i have three almost-finished bags of chips that will likely never be eaten.

stuff: i sat down to transcribe an interview yesterday, and discovered that the tape recorder hadn’t recorded anything.

things: thank goodness for understanding interview subjects.

stuff: i’m accredited.

things: i’m not going to florida.

stuff: i’m really loving Southland.

things: yet Parks and Recreation was seriously underwhelming.

stuff: i love long conversations.

things: even if they’re frequently circular and often about the same things.

stuff: i finished writing a short film.

things: so far, people seem to like the script.

stuff: crème brulée ice cream tastes like caramel swirl.

things: crème brulée ice cream that tastes like caramel swirl is nonetheless still delicious.

stuff: i didn’t really meditate properly.

things: i did go for a walk, though.

stuff: i really hope i sleep well tonight.

things: life’s always easier when i do.

6 comments:

Lou said...

This list is packed with goodies. Since I am off to bed soon, I'll just say for now that I am happy to hear that you are trying to mediate.

Accredited how?

cod said...

and did you sleep well?

vickie said...

went to bed too late, got up early.

so, not really. :-/

but i just finished my taxes (yay!), and have the rest of the day to relax... so i'm hopeful for a good sleep tonight.

denette said...

I have to agree. Today and tomorrow are WAY too hot for April.

Linda said...

I can help you with those half-eaten bags of chips... (reaching)... may I?

vickie said...

oh, i'd not get too excited -- they're half-eaten... and a few months old.

but by all means, dig in! ;-)

and denette? thank you for always understanding.