Thursday, January 14, 2010

it's been a while...

* the golden globes are on sunday. i'd actually forgotten until this morning.

* i have been finding many curious flight/aviation/aerial metaphors popping up in my life over the past week. i plan to write about them in the coming days.

* last week, my apartment was very cold. tonight, it's so warm that i've opened all the windows and it's still hot in here.

* today, i went to my parents' house to clean it. my mom, fed up with cleaning up after dad, has actually hired me to do it. fine by me.

* i seem to have developed a mild addiction to jarlsberg cheese.

* my thursday-night meditation group is sometimes a great source of comfort and levity.

* i've decided to shift my focus for 2010 from "feel creatively fulfilled" to "earn money." enough dream-chasing, time to buckle down. no more waaaay-below-the-poverty-line income.

* LOST returns in less than three weeks.

* i have not gone on a vacation in more than two years.

* has anyone ever had a cripps apple? (edited to add: nevermind. i just looked it up and discovered it's just another name for a "pink lady" apple, and i've had plenty of those.)

9 comments:

cod said...

i was going to reply to your post but then saw my v word and .........

tiestes

heehee

Lou said...

My verification word is perrogr, which reminds me of perogies, which I had a taste of at Costco the other day, which caused me to buy a three-pound box, which I will never cook up, all of which seems clearly (though perhaps not to you) related to Jarlsberg cheese, which is delicious with grapes or Pink Lady apples. And I am really sorry for the shifts in temperature in your apartment because that can lead to a virus.

cod said...

sorry to belabor this v word thing but NOW i'm......

sactside

tiestes.....sactside........i'm having a ball here!

anyways......sorry lou has a 3lb box as a permanent fixture in her freezer because the sample was tasty! I don't want to get a virus!

waiting for the high in the sky metaphors (((vic)))!

cod said...

i meant "i don't want VIC to get a virus!"

well i don't wanna either!

vickie said...

moob? you're nuts.

lou? my condolences on the costco crate of snacks that will die in your freezer.

cod said...

hahahahaha

i love you!

Lou said...

I don't think perogies are snacks. I think they are a side dish. Snacks are things like chips and salsa, cubes of cheese and toothpicks. Spring rolls. You know.

vickie said...

you're right.

in that case:

my condolences on the costco skid of side dishes that will die in your freezer.

Lou said...

I tried to give it to Elsie.

They really are delicious--which is why I bought them in the first place. But now I am being a good eater, and perogies don't fit into my plan.

Sigh.