Saturday, March 27, 2010

earthiness

earth hour happened tonight.

and, as i sat in my apartment on big red, listening to sarah vaughan by the flickering of assorted tea lights, i became very contemplative. i spent a good chunk of that hour thinking. about lots of things. about time. about life. it made me a bit sad.

i went to my bedroom window and stared out at the world for a little while, and noticed that plenty of people in neighbouring apartments and houses were obviously not hugging the planet. not even for an hour. it made me a bit sad.

when 9:30 rolled around, i kept the lights off, and kept sarah playing, and kept thinking.

3 comments:

Lou said...

(((((((*valie*)))))))

cod said...

(((Vic))) because of you, I had a dream last night that I was outside, paying in snow, and was just wearing a T-shirt and jeans, and it was quiet and beautiful and I was thinking:

This is the most perfect earth hour I could imagine.

cod said...

I forgot to mention that I was warm. The snow was warm to my touch. Thus the perfection in my eyes, I guess.