Sunday, December 5, 2010

sunday, in short

* tonight, i cracked open a new pair of original njuta* slippers. in red. (*not the crappy, useless, paper-filled ones IKEA sells now. the fluffy, cozy, comfy, foam-padded terry-cloth originals they last sold about four years ago. i stocked up at the time, and have been rationing the remaining pairs.)

* it snowed today! no accumulation, though. that'll happen tomorrow (~5cm expected). i will put on my keen growlers and down jacket and thermal underwear and then frolic.

* my intestinal issues calmed, and then returned. the spicy pasta this afternoon was, in hindsight, a poor decision on my part.

* i hung YB's christmas lights for her today.

* my apartment is quite cold tonight.

* the new season of Celebrity Rehab has begun and, with it, a new crop of celebs -- some of whom desperately want help and others who are clearly there just to be on TV.

* the hearing date for the creep and the weirdo next door has been postponed until january. i haven't seen the weirdo in months, and i wonder if the creep is actually illegally subletting.

* i also wonder if the M.I.A. greeting card from my mom will arrive tomorrow.

* i bought a fresh sudoku book today. i do a few puzzles each night before bed because i find them meditative.

* soon, i will write my christmas cards.

3 comments:

cod said...

Wow, this jam packed! I've never seen those slippers. Nice!

Gluten intolerance??

Sudokus ARE sedative! I agree.

Enjoy the cold and snow. I guess I will be returning to that soon. I'm not so happy about that part. Your frolic outfit is what I wear here in FL! ;¬) (((((Vic)))))

Lou said...

The arrival of snow in northern regions always sounds so wonderful and wintry. Good for you for giving your sis a hand. ((((((*vickie*))))))

vickie said...

moob, i don't know if it's a gluten issue, but i *am* beginning to suspect IBS. and i heard it was in the 30s in tampa this morning, so i can imagine you really ARE dressing a tad warmer at the moment!

lou, it is. though, some folks greet the arrival of snow with a shake of the fist instead of a hug. :-)