Friday, November 4, 2011

oh, f-word

this afternoon, i arrived at my parents' house to do laundry and bake cookies. i'd be staying overnight so that, first thing in the morning, mom and i would head out to do some shopping.

about five minutes ago, i realized -- to my horror -- that i'd forgotten to bring along my thyroid medication.

the medication i have to take first thing in the morning, an hour before breakfast.

every day.

F-WORD.

this means that, instead of heading out to shop, i (and, likely, mom) will be heading ALL THE EFFING WAY BACK DOWNTOWN to my apartment at the ass crack of dawn so i can take my pill.

it's 45 minutes each way by transit, and a half-hour each way by car.

either way, it's annoying and i am a moron.

3 comments:

cod said...

Well I'm way past the ass crack of dawn, so my suggestion that perhaps a local pharmacy would help you out with a pill is moot. Moob.

vickie said...

oh, no local pharmacy would hand out thyroid meds -- not even a single pill -- without a prescription.

we drove down just after 8am and were back in the 'burbs for breakfast about an hour later.

Lou said...

You're not a moron. In handling Hop's meds, I can become obsessed with that sinking fear of forgetting something. I'm glad the morning went quickly, and I hope your day was wonderful.